Jul 29, 2011

dream

dream- priscilla ahn

I was a little girl alone 
in my little world 
who dreamed of a little home for me. 

I played pretend between the trees, 
and fed my houseguests bark and leaves, 
and laughed in my pretty bed of green. 

I had a dream 
That I could fly from the highest swing. 
I had a dream. 

Long walks in the dark 
through woods grown behind the park,
I asked God who I'm supposed to be. 

The stars smiled down on me, 
God answered in silent reverie.
I said a prayer and fell asleep. 

I had a dream 
That I could fly from the highest tree. 
I had a dream. 

Now I'm old and feeling grey.
I don't know what's left to say 
about this life I'm willing to leave. 

I lived it full and I lived it well, 
there's many tales I've lived to tell. 
I'm ready now, I'm ready now, I'm ready now
to fly from the highest wing. 

I had a dream

*a sweet-interesting song. woke up this morning with the lyrics in my head. good job Priscilla Ahn! 

No comments:

Post a Comment